Brenig Moore MCIEH CEnvH CMIOSH
This blog was updated in August 2022.
If you’re thinking about taking a NEBOSH course to develop your health and safety knowledge and get qualified, naturally one of the first questions you’ll have is - how much is it going to cost? Taking any qualification requires an investment in time and money. You want to be reassured that your decision to take a NEBOSH course is the right one before committing. Here, we will answer some of the most common questions on NEBOSH course prices.
Are NEBOSH Course Costs Worth it?
Completing a NEBOSH course is an investment in your career for you and your employer. Not only will it develop your knowledge in health and safety so you can work more effectively and confidently, it’ll also make you more valuable to your employer, thus offering greater job security. NEBOSH are the most popular health and safety qualifications in the UK and other parts of the world; employers demand NEBOSH qualifications from their staff more than any other health & safety qualification, demonstrating its value for companies in all industry sectors. For more on the value of NEBOSH courses, read the post on Why Should You Take a NEBOSH Qualification?
Factors that Influence the Price of a NEBOSH Course
There are various factors that will affect the course price such as:
- The NEBOSH course you choose: there is a range of courses available for different levels of health and safety knowledge, topics and industry sectors for example fire, construction, oil and gas.
- Course duration: each NEBOSH course varies on the number of days/hours needed to complete the course. Those with slightly longer learning hours or support can be more costly.
- NEBOSH learning methods: there are a number of different ways to take a NEBOSH course depending on your circumstances. The course method you choose will affect the overall cost of the course. For example, classroom courses, where you are in a venue for the duration and a tutor leads your learning therefore tends to be the most expensive method. Whereas, online and virtual classroom courses allow you to take the course remotely, offer more flexibility and are less expensive. If you need guidance on choosing the right learning method for your NEBOSH course, read the post on Ways to Take a NEBOSH Course.
You may also find that course providers’ prices vary so it is important to understand exactly what is included in the cost to help you decide on the best NEBOSH course provider for you.
Questions to Ask
Whatever learning method you choose, there are some standard things you need to consider and ask when looking at NEBOSH course providers in order to understand the real value of the course.
Before committing to a course, check the following:
- Does the course cost include exam fees? Find out if the price you are quoted by a course provider includes the exams, this should cover the registration, marking and certification. For each NEBOSH qualification unit there is a fee for each exam and practical assignment so it is crucial you know if this is included in the price of your course to avoid any nasty surprises! Online NEBOSH courses tend not to include exam fees so they will be an additional cost when you are ready to take each unit exam or practical assignment. For example, the NEBOSH General Certificate (NGC) has two exams and 1 practical assignment. The total cost for these 3 exams is £200.
- Does the course cost include NEBOSH Registration?The NEBOSH Diploma has an enrolment cost of £60 in addition to the exams fees and all NEBOSH Diploma students must enrol before registering for the exams and the enrolment lasts for 5 years.
- Does the course cost include VAT?Dependingon the country that you reside you may not be eligable for VAT.
- Are there any associatedcosts? For example additional resources to the course materials such as exam support, webinars. At Astutis, all of our prices are transparent and we do not charge for exam support or webinars.
There are also some more specific questions to ask, depending on what type of course you are looking to take:
Virtual Classroom/ Physical Classroom based courses
Check what the class course price covers in terms of:
- Number of days the course lasts and the timings each day
- Any hard copy learning materials provided
Online / e-learning courses
These involve access to NEBOSH materials online and you study at your own pace; naturally, the course should include access to any online materials required. However, it is also important to check if there are additional costs; find out what is included in the price you are quoted by understanding:
- How long you can access the online materials for and if there is any course extension costs if needed.
- The level and amount of individual tutor and IT support
- How many webinars, online discussion forums and exam/revision guides you will have access to and what they will include.
We would also advise asking for a trial of the online course to help you understand if it is going to be a good fit for you and the way you learn.
Typical Prices for NEBOSH Online Learning
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety £470 (excluding exams & VAT)
- NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction £670 (including exams, excluding VAT)
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety £1150 (virtual classroom course only, excludes VAT)
- NEBOSH Environmental Management Certificate £975 (virtual classroom course only, excludes VAT)
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety £1675 (including exams, excluding VAT)
If you would like more information on classroom course prices, please get in touch.
We understand that applying for a course in itself can be overwhelming, read our post on Introduction to NEBOSH Courses to get a clear overview of all key points. Use these questions with potential providers so you understand exactly what is included in the price and any additional costs. A NEBOSH course will offer you more knowledge, increased job security, and create opportunities to develop. Aim to find a provider that will provide you with the tools so you pass your NEBOSH course first time. If you’re paying for the course yourself, visit our blog on funding and financing options.
Working Outside the UK?
If you work outside the UK find out more about the International NEBOSH Courses.
Related Blogs @Model.Properties.HeaderType>
Toby Howell BA PGDip
What IOSH Course Will Enhance My Organisation?
This blog outlines every IOSH course, detailing which staff will benefit from each and how their enrolment will enhance your organisation. Read more here.
Read Story(Video) NEBOSH Certificate cost
Toby Howell BA PGDip
Why Your Organisation Needs the IOSH Managing Safely Course?
The IOSH Managing Safely course can turn managers into effective leaders. Find out why your organisation would benefit from enrolling staff through the IOSH Managing Safely course. Find out more here.
Understanding the Astutis Health, Safety and Environmental Training Report 2022-2023
Astutis Managing Director, Steve Terry' takes us through his reflections of the Astutis Health, Safety and Environmental Training Report 2022-2023. Read his thoughts here.
Toby Howell BA PGDip(Video) NEBOSH Qualification, Fee and Job
Environmental Employment is Sky High: Here's Why!
Discover why global organisations are on a recruitment drive specifically in the sustainability field. Uncover the benefits of green recruitment and how it can enhance your organisation today! Read more here.
Toby Howell BA PGDip
Why Does My Organisation Need the IEMA Pathways to Net Zero Course?
Understand why the IEMA Pathways to Net Zero course is heavily desired for global businesses aspiring to ensure compliance and reputational enhancement. Read more here about how the course can benefit your business now.
Toby Howell BA PGDip
The Truth About Carbon Offsetting
Learn about about the debates being had around the practice of carbon offsetting amid concerns of its effectiveness. Read more here.
Real Life Stories
Find out how learners look back on their training with Astutis. Our case studies give our learners, both individual and corporate, a platform to share their Astutis experience. Discover how training with Astutis has helped past learners and delegates make the world a safer place, one course at a time.
What People Say
Hear What Our Learners Have To Say
We're always there for our customers. 98% of our learners rated their overall experience as good or outstanding.We will always pride ourselves on our customer service. But don’t take our word for it, here is what our customers have to say
"Well presented course, excellent customer service ready to politely deal with queries. Excellent online resources and timely emails. (possibly too many emails and the information could have been condensed down into fewer emails)."
"Excellent course but structure was a little strange. First week felt too condensed and the exam was in between the 2 weeks of lectures for us, when the second week would have proved beneficial prior to the exam as it helps consolidate week 1 lectures."
"Great training delivery, support throughout and very informative courses"
- (Video) What is NEBOSH IGC? What is the eligibility criteria? Fee & Duaration? Job apportunity & Salary?
"Great course, very well explained and online material very useful and easy to access and navigate."
"Easy explanation & good content in the course"
"Excellent content easy to understand"
"The information in the course notes is great. The tutors however could not advise whether legal reference should be made in the risk assessment. Also, new version of the exams were only shared last minute for NG1 and 2. Leaving most of the course study time looking at old format"
"The course was very informative and I feel that I want to develop my career toward health and safety as I feel that I'm ready for the diploma"
"Great course- very helpful team!"
"Great course! Enjoyed the process!"